Private day tour to Hardanger, incl Folgefonna Glacier & Blue Ice Hiking
What is included?
- Pick-up in Bergen
- Local English-speaking driver/guide
- Private vehicle (Bergen – Folgefonna – Bergen)
- Blue ice hiking on Folgefonna Glacier
- English-speaking glacier guide
- Hiking gear
- Drop-off in Bergen
- 2 Adults Ages 16+
Ice Hiking in the Hardangerfjord
Experience the Hardangerfjord, Folgefonna National Park, and blue ice hiking on Folgefonna Glacier, the collective term for three plateau glaciers in Hardanger.
This private day tour takes you from Bergen to Jondal in Hardanger and the glacier of Folgefonna. After the pick-up in Bergen, we drive 1,5 hours to Tørvikbygd and cross the Hardangerfjord by ferry.
From Jondal, the tour goes up to the glacier 1,200 metres above sea level. Here you will be welcomed by the glacier guide from Folgefonni Breførerlag, be informed about the glacier hike, and put on the necessary gear. The trip on the glacier will last about five hours.
The glacier fall Juklavass Glacier consists of both calm, flat ice and more challenging crevasse areas. The tour is adapted to the participants’ wishes and conditions.
In the middle of the blue ice hike, we take a break where we have a view of the North Sea and the Rosendal Alps. We will tell you about the culture and physical geography.
In the afternoon light, we walk back with the fjord and mountains below us. After the private glacier tour, we will cross the Hardangerfjord from Jondal to Tørvikbygd by ferry, and drive back to Bergen.
- A must-do when visiting Norway
- The hike is in Folgefonna National Park
- Levels of difficulty can easily be adjusted, from easy hiking to advanced ice climbing.
- Note that ice conditions, tunnels, etc. change from day to day.
- At the beginning of the season most of the tour is on snow, the end of the season most of the tour is on ice. It melts about 7-8 metres of snow during summer.
- Folgefonna National Park
- Please bring your personal warm, wind and waterproof clothing, gloves, mountain boots, food, and something to drink. If you don’t have mountain boots or wind/waterproof clothing and need to borrow, please let us know.